At A Sunny Start Preschool, we believe that the key to a successful education is a true partnership between the parent and the school. We know that you, as the parent, are your child’s first teacher. Our teachers value your insight and expertise, and are always available to discuss your child’s progress.
Here are some of the features we offer to keep you in the loop:
- Daily Reports that detail your child’s meal times, academic activities, and diaper changes go straight to your smartphone through our revolutionary parent communication app
- Email Reminders go home on a weekly basis to remind you of upcoming activities such as Dress Up Days
- School Newsletters and Event Calendars go out each month which detail all of the activities of the month
- Monthly Classroom Newsletters go home which detail the curriculum topics and study material for each age level
- Formal Assessments are performed three times a year; detailed reports are delivered to parents via email
- Lending Library: Each class is equipped with its own special set of books. No time to go to the library? No problem! Just pick up a book from the designated bin in your child’s class.
- Volunteering: Do you have a unique talent you would like to share? Do you enjoy reading story books? Do you just want to be in on the action? Our Open Door Policy allows you to step in and teach alongside our teachers. Just sign up using the Volunteer Request Form in your child’s classroom!
- Chaperoning: Our PK3B and VPK classes love going on educational field trip each month (each week during the summer!) We love chaperones! Attending these events with your child creates memories that will last a life time!
- Wishing Well: From time to time, our teachers will request a specialty item for a classroom activity. Our Wishing Well at the front desk allows you to sign up to bring in these much needed items.
A Sunny Start Preschool has been a lifesaver for my family. My son began his daycare experience at a different school, and it was heartbreaking to see how upset he would arrive at school every day. He would cry as soon as he arrived at the door. Everything changed when we arrived at A Sunny Start Preschool. For the first time, he is eager and excited to enter the class in the morning. I am so thankful to the teachers and staff who have helped him develop confidence and a love for school!
– Annie, mom of Sebastian