At A Sunny Start Preschool, we believe that the key to a successful education is a true partnership between the parent and the school. We know that you, as the parent, are your child’s first teacher. Our teachers value your insight and expertise, and are always available to discuss your child’s progress.
Here are some of the features we offer to keep you in the loop:
- Daily Reports that detail your child’s meal times, academic activities, and diaper changes go straight to your smartphone through our revolutionary parent communication app
- Email Reminders go home on a weekly basis to remind you of upcoming activities such as Dress Up Days
- School Newsletters and Event Calendars go out each month which detail all of the activities of the month
- Monthly Classroom Newsletters go home which detail the curriculum topics and study material for each age level
- Formal Assessments are performed three times a year; detailed reports are delivered to parents via email
We encourage our families to take advantage of the many opportunities we offer to get involved. Whether you have a flexible schedule or are crunched for time, we have designed our program to meet the needs of all families. There are plenty of ways to be a part of A Sunny Start Preschool! Here are a few examples of our parent-involvement initiative:
- Lending Library: Each class is equipped with its own special set of books. No time to go to the library? No problem! Just pick up a book from the designated bin in your child’s class.
- Volunteering: Do you have a unique talent you would like to share? Do you enjoy reading story books? Do you just want to be in on the action? Our Open Door Policy allows you to step in and teach alongside our teachers. Just sign up using the Volunteer Request Form in your child’s classroom!
- Chaperoning: Our PK3B and VPK classes love going on educational field trip each month (each week during the summer!) We love chaperones! Attending these events with your child creates memories that will last a life time!
- Wishing Well: From time to time, our teachers will request a specialty item for a classroom activity. Our Wishing Well at the front desk allows you to sign up to bring in these much needed items.
As a parent of three children I found that for any parent it is very hard to trust anyone for the care of your kids. I can say that I am one of the lucky parents that have found a great place where my kids are very well taken care of without sacrificing their learning. My middle child Miranda started attending A Sunny Start Preschool when she was 1.5 years old. For Miranda, the daycare was her second Home. Miranda is now 8 years old and she still remembers her days at Sunny Start with teacher Angela who she adored. Now, years later I enrolled my 3 year old son at the day-care when he also turned 1.5 years old. It is a comfort to know that most of the teachers continue to work there. My son adapted there so fast and he loves his current teacher Mrs. Mayra. I admire the patience that all the teachers and staff have with the Kids. This daycare is not a typical profit making child care facility but instead it a place where your children are well cared for and great effort is made to ensure their wellbeing and learning. I thank everyone at A Sunny Start Preschool for giving my husband and me the peace of mind that my son is in a great place!